Monday 27 January 2014

How (And Why) Teachers Should Have Multiple Twitter Accounts

How (And Why) Teachers Should Have Multiple Twitter Accounts

By  on November 16, 2013

Connected educators are learning, sharing, and connecting on Twitter. No big earth-shattering news there. But what’s the proper way for a teacher to get started? We’ve answered that questionin our Teacher’s Guide here. There is, however, an interesting question that many must consider at some point in the time on Twitter:
How many accounts should I have as a connected educator?
Should I do it all from one account because that’d be easier? In other words, should I share photos of my classroom, tips and tricks with other teachers, interesting blog articles, and maybe even some school-wide announcements?
Or should I set up multiple accounts where I have a specific account for each type of communication? That way I can be sure that I have a carefully curated list of followers for each account and I’ll know that only the right niche of people are following that particular account. (Wishful thinking, at least. I’d recommend Twitter Lists no matter how many accounts you have.)
In a new visual from the incredibly useful site iPad 4 SchoolsRichard Wells illustrates why ’3′ might be the magic number for teacher Twitter accounts. I am still undecided about how many accounts an educator should have but invite you to let the Edudemic community know how many accounts you use … and why. You can do that by mentioning @edudemic on Twitter and I’ll comment / retweet you!

multiple twitter accounts
Do you ever wonder how schools, universities, colleges, and large groups in general should use social media? Students are often early adopters, frequent users, and overall lovers of technology and social media. Want to help? I'm always looking for fun, creative, and exciting writers to get featured. Get in touch with me at edudemic@gmail.com!

Source: http://www.edudemic.com/teachers-multiple-twitter-accounts/

No comments:

Post a Comment