Saturday 12 April 2014

Must Have Resources For Every Academic and Student Researcher

The academic language employed in scholarly journals and scientific manuals is radically different from the  casual variety you come across everyday in blog posts and newspaper articles. This difference is manifested in different stylistic and lexical aspects. This is probably why many sophomores taking their beginning research methodology course find it hard to compose in such a variety and most often it takes them a lot of practice and reading to acquire the new style.


Image credit: wikihow.com



I have had many problems with it myself and I can still remember the painstaking trouble I went through to do my first literature review. And while learning to write in a solid academic style that gives vigor to your writing does require excessive readings of works written in academic language, there are, however, some practical tips that make this task way easier.

Today I am sharing with you two resources I have been using since my graduate studies to help me with my literature reviews and other scholarly assignments where extensive stretches of academic prose is needed:

1- Verb Cheat Sheet.
This cheat sheet is compiled by Dr Inger Mewburn from from the thesis whisperer. Since I found out her blog a couple of years ago and I never missed any new article she posts. I have benefited a great deal from her professional experience in the world of academia and have also learned through her  about several academic books that I am using in my postgraduate studies.




Contact Us -




Phone - +91-731-2401952

Skype - mschools, linkites



                                                                    Find us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter  21_blogger  Follow us on Google+

 

No comments:

Post a Comment