Thursday 6 March 2014

Physical Books Vs E-Books

Physical Books Vs E-Books

By Katie Lepi 

Going paperless has its advantages – it is eco-friendly, keeps the amount of stuff you need to lug around to a minimum, and lets you keep all of your reading material in one place. E-readers have lots of supporters – myself included, especially when I am traveling. But I love physical books, too. I love feeling the paper, progressing through the pages and noting how the thickness of the left side as I move through the book, and I love sifting through the options in a bookstore. Despite this, I use my Kindle more often than not. So what’s up with my totally less than faithful relationship with physical books?
I know I’m not alone in my love for real books AND the practicality of using an e-book. The handy infographic below takes a look at the top reasons for choosing a physical, lo-fi, analogue, hard copy book over a digital option. 1,000 people were polled to find out their reasons. Are you a physical book loyalist, or are you in the e-book camp? Leave us a note in the comments and tell us why!

Physical Books vs. e-Readers

Why choose a physical book over a digital version?
  • 65% report they like the feeling of a real book
  • 61% feel physical books help them learn better – such as having the option to have physical post-its, highlighters, etc.
  • 58% like being able to lend and borrow physical books
  • 53% report they like the visual aspect, the covers, pictures, etc are better in physical form
  • 45% report that they like physical books so they can re-sell them when they’re done with them
  • 44% like collecting physical books
  • 44% enjoy gifting physical books, because you can’t put a bow on a download, and gifting something digital feels impersonal
  • 42% prefer shopping in bookstores compared with swiping and clicking online to buy digitally
  • 11% can’t give up the way a physical book smells
  • 9% report they want to ‘show off’ how smart they are/what they are reading
keeping-it-real--why-we-love-hardcopy_5300e2c723d66

Post Source: http://www.edudemic.com/physical-books-vs-e-readers/



enquiry@mschools.co.in


                                   SKYPE: mschools, linkites, saket.dandotia, sharad.gour

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment